FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEyes world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
The Data Science team develops innovative, data-driven solutions to today’s most challenging cybersecurity problems. By leveraging data derived from our company’s unparalleled view of the threat landscape, the Data Science team provides solutions with significant impact for our customers and the broader cybersecurity industry.
We are looking for a highly-motivated Data Scientist to help us solve these problems by applying their expert knowledge of machine learning and statistics. An ideal candidate will have previous exposure in applying machine learning and statistical techniques to cybersecurity problems, have first-hand experience building models and analytic products that have been deployed to customers, and have demonstrated proficiency in applying natural language processing (NLP) approaches to large-scale text datasets. In this role, you will partner with Mandiant subject matter experts on the front lines defending against advanced threat actors, iteratively develop new capabilities, and work closely with our engineering team to deploy and maintain them. We encourage sharing the knowledge we gain through publications at academic conferences and talks at industry venues.
What you will do:
- Lead the research and development of new models and analytic products
- Explore promising areas of future research at the intersection of cybersecurity and machine learning
- Identify data sources; iterate and grow datasets over time
- Explore and analyze data; perform ad-hoc analyses to answer targeted questions
- Partner with subject matter experts to inject their in-depth knowledge into the model creation process
- Iteratively develop models and analytics; move from proof of concept to minimum viable product quickly and efficiently
- Work closely with the engineering team to develop data pipelines, deploy models/analytics, and develop monitoring dashboards
- Effectively communicate research results to stakeholders and the research community through documentation, white papers, peer-reviewed publications, and presentations
- MS/PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field is required.
- 5+ years of experience developing and deploying machine learning models in production settings
- Minimum of 3 years experience working on cybersecurity problems, including threat intelligence, network security, endpoint security, and/or cloud security technologies.
- Experience applying a wide variety of unsupervised, semi-supervised, and supervised machine learning techniques, and the ability to turn big data into actionable intelligence
- Ability to analyze, retrain, and improve machine learning models
- Appreciation for the challenges in applying machine learning in a non-stationary and adversarial environment
- Significant development experience with Python
- Ability to document and explain technical details clearly and concisely (peer-reviewed publications or presentations preferred)
- Ability to provide and receive scientific critiques and work towards data-driven solutions
- Experience with sklearn, pandas, numpy or similar packages
- Experience with deep learning packages, including Tensorflow, PyTorch, or Keras
- Practical background with modern ML and NLP approaches, including transfer learning, attention mechanisms, large language models, and embedding methods.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity concepts and a desire to learn from subject matter experts in the cybersecurity and threat intelligence space
- Experience with Linux command line and bash scripting
- Experience with AWS infrastructure and resources
- Experience with a deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or Keras
- Experience with GPU-accelerated computing and hardware (e.g., NVIDIA DGX-1)
- Ability to work as part of a remote team
At FireEye we are committed to our ## OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Minimum Salary: $150,000. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)
Curated from remotive.io