Student Records Specialist
job requisition id
R 2022 838
The Student Records Specialist is responsible for daily activities related to the Office of the Registrar and the student records team. This position’s primary responsibilities include maintaining student records, providing customer service to students and internal constituencies as well as supporting the success of the Enrollment and Student Services teams. This position is also responsible for maintaining record integrity, upholding FERPA policy and compliance within administrative policies and procedures.
- Provides customer service to internal and external clients and customers
- Responds to student inquiries via Northcentral messaging system, email, and/or phone, and journals all communication
- Provides official student record documentation via forms, letters, transcripts, and other communications
- Reviews, audits, and prepares degree audit and diploma order
- Performs general office duties such as typing, operating office machines, and filing
- Establishes and maintains academic files within the student information system
- Ensures record integrity of student files by ensuring proper documentation and authorization to fulfill requests
- Ensures that the electronic file as well as the student information system are in alignment and accurate
- Serves as liaison for projects and cross-functional department needs
- Processes workflow and tasks with accuracy and speed
- Assists in preparing and maintaining training information and documents policies/procedures in Sharepoint for Registrar team
- Other duties as assigned
- Reasonable and consistent attendance to fulfill requirements of the position
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Education & Experience:
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience within a college or university office of student records or enrollment administration required
- Experience in higher education preferred
- Experience working in a technology-driven enterprise preferred
- All skills, abilities and education will be considered for minimum qualifications
- Knowledge of FERPA.
- Knowledge of NCU university policies and procedures
- Skill in operating equipment, such as personal computer, fax, copier, phone system and scanning equipment
- Highly detail oriented
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Excellent customer service skills to both internal and external clients and customers
- Ability to prioritize workflow
- Ability to multitask
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and other applications in the Microsoft Office suite
The National University System is committed to maintaining a high-quality, diverse workforce representative of the populations we serve. As a network of nonprofit educational institutions, the System employs more than 3,300 faculty and staff and serves over 41,000 students. We are united in our mission to meet the global education demands of the 21st Century and are dedicated to creating a supportive academic and work environment that allows for students, faculty and staff to develop their interests and talents while experiencing a sense of community and a commitment to diversity. With programs available both online and at our many campus locations, the National University System is a leader in creating innovative solutions to education and meeting the needs of our diverse student population, including adult learners and working professionals.
National University offers an opportunity to work in an innovative environment that supports diversity.
National University (NU) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against any employee or applicant for employee per applicable federal, state and local laws. At NU, a diverse mix of highly talented, innovative and creative people come together to make the impact of a lifetime for each of our student learners. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment, education, and admission at National University. We are focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, color, ancestry, age, family care status, veteran status, marital status, creed, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and other legally protected group status.