As Canada’s largest online Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) firm, LiveCA is a customer service first and an accounting firm second. We’re a group of 80+ person remote team that is focused on providing exceptional service to our clients by creative problem solving and working together as one team. We don’t believe in billing by the hour and understand that it is the impact of everyone’s contribution which will deliver value to our clients.
About The role
As Tax Manager, you’ll be a key leader within the Tax Services Team responsible for delivering high quality tax service and advice to clients. You will play an integral role in ensuring high quality standards are maintained in respect of tax services provided by LiveCA and you’ll be a key contributor to the LiveCA customer experience as it relates to their confidence and trust in LiveCA as tax specialists.
What You Will Do
- Complete quality assurance review of compliance work prepared by the team including, but not limited to:
- Year-end compilation engagements, including financial statements and letters
- Corporate tax returns, including federal and provincial filings for clients operating across multiple jurisdictions
- T4s, T5s and other relevant slips as required
- Tax election forms and information returns
- Personal tax returns
- Manage relationships with clients and key stakeholders in connection with tax engagements.
- Confidently contribute to client calls involving complex tax situations and issues, such as tax planning opportunities, tax minimization strategies, and compliance issues.
- Collaborate with our Client Services Team in the service delivery of routine tax planning scenarios to clients.
- Work with clients and the team on tax advisory and planning engagements, such as corporate reorganizations, M&A planning and other special tax engagements as opportunities arise.
- Provide tax technical mentorship and guidance to the LiveCA team.
- Plan and lead responses to CRA audits and notices, including review of supporting documents prepared by the team and overseeing communication to the client, CRA, and the LiveCA team.
- Participate in planning and conducting professional development sessions for the LiveCA team in support of furthering the team’s tax knowledge.
- Remain up to date on new tax legislation and case law, including updates at the provincial level for all provinces across Canada.
- Collaborate with the team on matters such as resource planning and firm-wide initiatives relating to LiveCA’s Tax Services such as new income or sales tax legislation.
- Train and mentor employees in their career and skill development at LiveCA.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in public accounting with a minimum of 2-3 years relevant work experience in a Tax Services role.
- Post-secondary diploma required, BComm or equivalent.
- Achievement of a CPA designation required.
- Completion of (or enrollment in) CPA In-Depth Tax Program is an asset.
- Advanced knowledge of Canadian tax is required. Knowledge of, and familiarity with, Canadian accounting frameworks is also required. Experience with assurance engagements, SR&ED, and international tax is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly become comfortable with various accounting and tax programs, especially Xero and iFirm, is required.
- Proficient with Google Suite of applications.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task competing priorities.
- You have a passion for excellent client services.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively with others towards a common goal.
What We Offer
- Flexibility: as a remote firm you will have the ability to work from anywhere in the country and set hours that work for you
- Results: we operate in a results-only work environment so we value what you produce, not the billable hours
- Wellness: youll gain access to a great benefits and health spending account, financial support for professional development courses, a stipend for cell phone/internet bills, and all the necessary equipment to get you started (i.e.: Macbook, monitor, etc.)
- Time off: everyone gets started with 3 weeks off and an additional day for birthdays
- Physical/mental health days: we offer 10 paid days from the very start
LiveCA is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs throughout the recruitment, assessment, and selection process. If selected to participate in the process, please inform the Company of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Curated from remotive.io