Technical E-Learning Training Specialist
Remote – US
Who we are:
BigID is a data intelligence platform for data privacy, security and governance. We’re leading innovation in all things data: with new, modern, and ML-driven solutions to age old problems – helping customers drive business innovation, achieve compliance, build customer trust, make better decisions, and get more value from their data.
Headquartered in New York City with a worldwide presence, we are building a global team with a passion for innovation and next-gen technology. BigID has been recognized for its data intelligence innovation as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer, named to the 2021 Forbes Cloud 100, #19 on the 2021 Inc 5000 (the list of fastest growing private companies in America), and an RSA Innovation Sandbox winner.
At BigID, our team is the foundation of our success. Join a people-centric culture that is fast-paced and rewarding: you’ll have the opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the industry who value innovation, diversity, integrity, and collaboration.
Our Ideal Candidate:
You are self-motivated, technical, hands-on, and intellectually curious. You are comfortable interacting with people at all levels of the organization. You have the passion and the patience to mentor others and help them become better at their job. You love creating exemplary learning content that benefits external and internal learners.
You customize your delivery style depending on the target audience, and you have the resourcefulness, creativity, strategic thinking, and desire to solve complex educational challenges. You are willing to assume a pivotal role in serving the learning needs of global cross-industry professionals in a key technology forefront. You acknowledge the concerns and unique business challenges of clients, bringing their perspective back into the organization.
Who we seek:
As a client-facing Technical Training Specialist, you will assist with content writing and deliver a variety of educational programs to global BigID partners and customers through in-person and remote venues. You will advance internal and external knowledge initiatives, help drive adoption of BigID’s technology within enterprise customers, and help manage the certification program. You will also manage and leverage various training systems to schedule, track, and support all educational activities.
In this role, you will serve as a technical hands-on coach to customers, partners, and colleagues, acting as a trusted authority on solution value and use cases, best practices, and general product knowledge. Training sessions are delivered remotely and in-person, depending on client need. Some domestic and international travel will be required.
Ideal candidates will have prior experience in post-sales, engineering, or customer success. Prior software development or enterprise support experience is a strong plus but not mandatory.
What you’ll do:
As a Technical Training Specialist, you will:
- Deliver in-person and remote training for all BigID course offerings, including standard customer/partner training and internal technical training for field teams.
- Work closely with the Training Content and Delivery Manager, and field, product, and engineering teams to enhance and improve existing content and develop new training content.
- In collaboration with the Training Content and Delivery Manager and other technical trainers, design and produce eLearning content (videos, interactive presentations, exercise labs, and other interactive training offerings), emphasizing clarity, quality, and engagement.
- Assist with training discovery and planning calls with prospects, explaining our training portfolio and helping with course tailoring tasks as relevant.
- Contribute to and enhance internal and external knowledge assets like the technical knowledge base, technical documentation, technical blogs, and white papers.
- Provides detailed feedback and guidance to Product Management and Engineering teams arising from customer use cases, functional requirements, and product enhancement requests.
- Take ownership of BigID University’s social media channels, contribute daily content, and build a global following.
- Manage all social media promotion and outreach of BigID University and in-person training events.
What you’ll bring:
- An undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology/Systems, Instructional Design, or other related technical disciplines (professional experience may be considered in lieu of a formal degree).
- 2+ years of professional experience in information technology, ideally in a customer-facing hands-on role involving professional services, consulting, customer success or product implementation.
- 2+ years content writing experience, including static slides and hands-on exercises.
- 2+ years of customer-facing technical training delivery experience.
- Demonstrable experience as an eLearning Designer, Instructional Designer, or Curriculum Developer in an industry domain.
- Software development or other technical background.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and organization skills.
- Experience with modern eLearning tools and approaches including video authoring, audio editing and narration, and related technologies.
- Knowledge of Linux, Docker, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with cloud environments (AWS/Azure), databases (Oracle/MySQL), enterprise applications (Salesforce/SAP).
- Experience with social media content creation, promotion, and metrics.
What’s in it for you?!
Our people are the foundation of our success, and we place a high priority on offering a wide range of benefits that make our team happier and healthier.
- Equity participation – everyone shares in our success
- Flexible work arrangements
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k – that go into effect your first day
We look for people who embody our values – Care, Do,Try & Shine.
- Care – We care about our customers and each other
- Do – We do what it takes to make a positive impact
- Try – We try our best and we don’t give up
- Shine – We shine and make it our mission to always stand out
The annual base salary range is $75,000 – $90,000. Actual salaries will vary and are based on a candidate’s qualifications, skills, and competencies. Salary is just one component of our Compensation Philosophy. Variable/Bonus Compensation & Equity Incentives align with individual and company performance.