Technical Support Engineer 1- Customer Interface
Location: Remote – US
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where, and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Technical Support Engineer to join the Customer Interface team, supporting our customers’ use of our Console platform, and helping customers manage their Twilio products, services, and accounts. You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners, and operate as a subject matter expert for Twilio’s customer interfaces.
Twilio is looking for a customer-focused Support Engineer with a demonstrated track record of providing excellent customer or technical support. We seek someone with:
- 1+ years experience communicating sophisticated technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences via phone or email mediums
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- A high competency with communicating internally and externally
- An excitement for opportunities to problem solve and troubleshoot
- Experience utilizing customer feedback to identify and drive improvements in our customer interfaces
- Enthusiasm about interacting and collaborating with other departments within Twilio while searching for the solutions our customers need
- Experience and interest in working cross-functionally with Engineering, Product Management, and Sales, and sometimes with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations
- Demonstrated desire to understand customer trends, and document and report those trends to continue to improve our support process
- Who is able to put yourself in the customer’s shoes and have demonstrated your dedication to the customer experience
- Proven advanced time management skills, with the ability to work well under pressure, and are proficient at developing workflows to remain efficient at tasks while still following standard processes and procedures
- Ability to remain calm and effective at higher workloads as well as excelling at prioritization and evaluation of situational urgency
As a Customer Interfaces Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- Wear the Customer’s Shoes: Using your strong diplomatic skills, address customer issues and provide feedback via phone, email, and chat. Help our customers to use our Console interface and help them with questions related to their account configurations, billing issues, ensuring that they are able to understand and get the most out of their Twilio experience.
- Ruthlessly Prioritize customer interactions to expedite urgent customer needs using our internal tools and ticketing system.
- Be Inclusive: Collaborate with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible defects.
- Don’t Settle: Spend time reviewing internal knowledge bases to stay up on industry shifts and standards.
- Be An Owner: Work to surface and document customer pain points to assist in process improvement.
We are there when our customers need us, 24/7, and this position may require working an irregular shift, including the weekend (shifts are subject to change based on evolving team and customer needs). This position will also require supporting our customers on holidays to ensure that our customer’s needs are met.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed, and we’re dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
While working remotely, you will still experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 5,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogot , Denver, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, and Tallinn.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Twilio’s reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Salary Range:$22.34 – $30.72
Rest of Colorado:
Salary Range: $19.55 $26.88
Additionally, this role is eligible to participate in Twilio’s equity plan.
An overview of Twilio’s benefits offered is listed below:
Twilio is committed to delivering a comprehensive benefits program that provides support needed for you and your loved ones. It’s likely that you don’t think about benefits every day; however, they are an important component of your total compensation, and we want you to understand the options available to you so that you can make the most of your benefit dollars. At the time of this posting, this role is eligible to participate in the following benefits, which Twilio reserves the right to modify at any time for any reason in accordance with applicable law:
Healthcare Insurance and Leave
- Prescription Drug
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Leave programs for all of life’s moments: maternity, parental/bonding, as well medical leave to care for yourself or a loved one
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a match
Reimbursement Programs & Stipends
- $65 per month work-from-home stipend
- Up to $50 per month for wellness expenses and activities
- Up to $30 per month to use towards books/eBooks
Curated from remote.co