6 days ago
Title: Technical Writer
Location: UNITED STATES – Remote
Our mission is to unlock the collaborative power of communities by making Web3 universally easy to use, access, and build on
Working with ConsenSys puts you at the forefront of an evolving paradigm, transforming our society for the better. We fundamentally believe blockchain is the next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society.
Blockchain tech is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler and we’re far from reaching our full potential. You’ll get to work on the tools, infrastructure, and apps that scale these platforms to billions of users.
You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas, and frameworks from your peers, and as you work on different projects challenging you to stay at the top of your game. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
We are looking for a Technical Writer to join our team and document our layer 2 project, which is based on a zk-EVM. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in technical writing and a passion for blockchain technology. They will be responsible for creating and maintaining documentation that is clear, accurate, and easy to understand for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Research, write and edit technical documentation for our layer 2 project, including user guides, API documentation, and developer documentation.
- Collaborate with the development team to understand the features and functionality of our project and ensure that documentation is accurate and up-to-date.
- Create and maintain a documentation style guide to ensure consistency in writing and formatting.
- Create and deliver training materials and presentations to internal and external audiences.
- Continuously evaluate and improve the effectiveness of our documentation.
- Strong background in technical writing and editing.
- Experience with blockchain technology and concepts, especially zk-EVM.
- Strong writing and editing skills, with the ability to explain complex technical concepts in simple terms.
- Experience with documentation tools such as Confluence, AsciiDoc, or Markdown.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- A bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experience in layer 2 blockchain projects is a plus.
Don’t meet all the requirements? Don’t sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you’ve got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment apply anyway, detailing your relevant transferable skills in your cover letter. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we’re ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
The salary range for US-based candidates only will be determined throughout the interview process depending on experience and skills. Candidates should anticipate a base salary (not including bonus, equity or other benefits) of $USD[$176,000 – $366,000]
ConsenSys is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. We are committed to ensuring that our technology is made available and accessible to everyone. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. ConsenSys is aware of fraudulent recruitment practices and we encourage all applicants to review our best practices to protect yourself which can be found (https://consensys.net/careers/best-practices-to-avoid-recruitment-fraud/).